Need to feed a crowd this holiday season? This easy-to-make recipe yields two rich and creamy pies using our Peppermint Stick Ice Cream and our classic Chocolate Ice Cream. This is what we call “season’s eatings!”
- 2 9-inch ready-to-use chocolate crumb pie shells
- 1 1.5 quart container of Pierre’s Premium Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 1.5 quart container of Pierre’s Premium Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 tubs nonfat or lite whipped topping
- Mini chocolate chips or holiday chips for garnish
Slightly soften the ice cream in the refrigerator before scooping (about 10 – 20 minutes).
Place 4 scoops of Peppermint Stick Ice Cream into a bowl. Whip with rubber spatula to make spreadable; spread into each pie crust. Return crusts to freezer for 10 minutes.
Repeat process for Chocolate Ice Cream layer and a top layer of Peppermint Stick Ice Cream in each pie. Cover with plastic wrap when storing.
Before serving, allow pies to soften for five minutes at room temperature for best flavor and texture. Top each pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or holiday chips before slicing. Enjoy!
*Note: Don’t let the ice cream melt while preparing the pie as it may become icy when it refreezes.