There’s nothing like ripe, juicy peaches from the summer harvest. Even better is when those fresh peaches are baked into a classic peach cobbler. But why crank up the oven in the summer heat when you can prepare this cooler, easy-to-make ice cream version of peach cobbler instead?
You only need three ingredients to serve up a dessert the family will love – including our refreshing, seasonal delight, Pierre’s Premium Peaches & Cream Ice Cream.
- 2 1.5-quart containers of Pierre’s Premium Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
- 2 packages of shortbread cookies
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- Remove Peaches & Cream Ice Cream from the freezer 10 minutes before preparing dessert. Stir with a spoon or rubber spatula to help soften.
- Crumble 6-8 cookies and place half of the crumbs in bottom of a 9×13 pan or other serving dish. Reserve remaining crumbs for topping.
- Place several large scoops of ice cream into pan to create the first layer, using spatula to smooth around.
- Place whole cookies on top of ice cream to create the second layer.
- Repeat the process until you have achieved desired number of layers.
- Spread whipped topping over entire pan for final layer, and decorate with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Cover the pan and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer, slice and enjoy!
Just for fun:
- Use broken-up scones in place of cookies.
- Add fresh, thinly-sliced peaches or chunks of well-drained canned peaches before adding whipped topping.
- If Pierre’s Peaches and Cream Ice Cream is not available, substitute Pierre’s Premium French Vanilla Ice Cream and gently fold in one can of diced peaches, drained well.