These flavors are made for summer. Grab a container or two the next time you go grocery shopping and make them a part of your summer fun. Here are some recipes to get you started …
These perfectly portioned treats offer a taste of pure summertime. They’re also easy to make and freeze ahead of time.
- 4 scoops of Spirit of America Ice Cream
- 4 store-bought mini graham cracker crust pie shells
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 container of light whipped topping
- 4 maraschino cherries to garnish (optional)
Remove the ice cream from the freezer; let soften for about 10 minutes. Place one scoop of ice cream in each of the pie crusts. Flatten and spread the ice cream so it’s level within each crust. Freeze if not serving immediately.
When ready to serve, top each ice cream scoop with the fresh berries and whipped topping. Top with a cherry.
Quick Piña Colada Blended Cocktails
This recipe makes four delicious, tropical island-inspired beverages (best enjoyed responsibly by you and three friends, of course).
- 4 generous scoops of Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
- 4-8 shots light rum, to taste
- 1 cup crushed ice
In an electric blender, mix crushed ice, rum and ice cream at high speed until smooth. Pour into four chilled glasses and serve.
Peachy Keen Cookie Sandwiches
Need treats for a crowd? Make these crunchy, creamy delights ahead of time and wow your guests.
- 1 1.5-quart container of Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
- 1 package of pecan sandies or other shortbread cookies
Remove the ice cream from the freezer; let soften for about 10 minutes. Lay out two rows of 10 cookies on a baking sheet. Place one scoop of ice cream on each of 10 cookies. Press another cookie on top of each scoop of ice cream; flatten until ice cream reaches the edge of the cookie sandwich. Freeze, or serve immediately.